STAGE DOOR blog comments

One that stood out to me right away was Michael Bublé. I have been a fan of Michael since before he was well known. His rendition of 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' is also one of my favorites. It appears he is performing on a TV show but I'm not sure which show. The set up however is very coordinated with Christmas, obviously. The lights and bright stars in the background set a mood that you only get to feel around Christmas time. I really enjoyed this clip on the blog.

Barbra Streisand is a name I know of but am not familiar with. So I decided to watch the clip with her about the show 'Play Bill', which is also a title I recognize but am not familiar with. An odd thing I noticed right away was that Barbra's hair was crimped to what seems the smallest it could be. I'm sure it has noting to do with the clip but it adds to her character that I do not know. The clip I watched was about the recording process and her singing the famous song 'Fifty Percent'. The song is about love which is not my favorite kind of song but I was not aware that Barbra could sing that well. It was also cool to see all the behind the scenes of voice recordings. Overall I enjoyed the clip!

For my last comment I chose to watch a clip in which I did not recognize the name of or the people. I chose 'West Coast cast of HAIR - "Smother Brothers" show, 1968'. The clip started off almost slow motion, the actors appeared to be dressed as hippies, and it looks like there is star of the show, a middle aged white male dressed in an African American rug/blanket with long blonde hair. I can tell that this show is an older one. The entire cast has big long hair. The music starts to pick up. It's obvious that it is a musical. They "cover" one body at a time with all the other actors hair. About half way through the clip the lighting changes and they'll start hugging. It almost makes me feel uncomfortable. From the 9 minutes I watched of the show I picked up that it would not be for everybody and film/literature/shows were obviously different than they are now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

last blog

Collage