last blog

I started clicking through all the links and I finally found one that sparked my interest. I choose to write this blog about Gorillaz. Gorillaz are a British virtual band created in 1998 by musician Damon Albarn and artist Jamie Hewlett. I wanted to research a band that I was not familiar and this one seemed easy enough where I could find enough information.
Gorillaz announced that with their first three singles that the start of each video contained "Sprit House 360" which was an eerie trip through a supernatural house filed with groovy tunes and psychedelic imagery. People could use a virtual headset to get the full Gorillaz spooky experience. Soon after their success with Spirit House 360 the band released an app that allowed their fans to have a sneak peak of the band members rooms and discover Easter eggs. The cherry on top of all their technology success was when the did an interview as their animated characters. A local DJ did an interview with them where they sat on the couch and used 2D to appear as their characters. A live interview with fictional characters in 3D. They members took turns answering questions from their fans, everyone was blown away.  
I watched a few of their music videos too and picked up that they all have a common theme, they are all cartoony with some emo vibes. I surprisingly enjoyed some of the videos and music I watched/listen to. One of my favorites was Stylo. I really enjoyed it because it has had real people and reals cars, not just animated cartoon objects. It had the animated members of the band in in too.
I enjoyed researching about a band I wasn't familiar with and seeing what things could be done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STAGE DOOR blog comments

Opera Essay

Collage